Ministry of Ushers
At one of the past the convocations, Bishop Clark expressed concern about priests becoming overextended because of the increasing demands in our diocese. He made a proposal to the priest’s gathered at the convocation that priests not work more than 50 hours a week. If this became policy for our diocese, there would be a need to prioritize which of the following list of activities as pastor you think would be most important. Please let one of the parish council members or myself know what you think should be highest priorities of those listed below.
1. Celebrate Sunday and daily Mass
2. Homily Preparation
3. Availability for the Sacrament of Penance ( Saturday & by appointment)
4. Funerals/burials including wakes, preparation, receptions and follow up visits (44)
5. Communion calls each month (30-40 people)
6. Hospital visits (Thompson, Geneva, Newark, Clifton Springs, Rochester General, Strong, Parkridge, St. Joseph’s in Syracuse)
7. Emergency calls ( Geneva, Newark, and Clifton Springs Hospitals)
8. Home visits and requests for Holy Communion & the Sacrament of the Sick (quite a few people)
9. Visiting nursing homes (Seneca Rehab., Geneva Living Center, Demay, Blossom View, The County Home, St Ann Home and Wayne County Home-including Mass)
10. Preparation and presentations for Faith formation, continuing education, R.C.I.A., vacation Bible school, liturgical ministers training, Scouts, etc.
11. Sacraments ( preparation & receptions)-weddings, anniversaries, baptisms, confirmation, First Penance, First Eucharist, St. Anne’s novena, etc.
12. Presence with our parish youth and at football games & basketball games ( J.V. & varsity), Plays,etc.
13. Pastoral counseling with parishioners
14. Administration and availability at the rectory office ( overseeing finances, bulletin, computer work, phone calls, requests for help, cemetery work, etc.)
15. Coordinate the Staff
16. Ecumenical gatherings (hospice development, thanksgiving service, baccalaureate service, etc.)
17.Civic events-fireman days, potato festival, community club dinners, chamber of commerce events, senior lunch program etc.
18. Cluster, Regional, and Diocesan meetings (expected attendance by Bishop Clark)
19. Catholic Charities and Project Rachel responsibilities (Appointment by Bishop Clark)
20. Parish committees/meetings
A. Parish Council of both parishes (agenda meetings) G. Holy Name
B. Buildings & Grounds Committee H. Catholic Daughters
C. Finance Committee I. Altar/Rosary Society (St. Patrick)
D. Liturgy Committee J. Cemetery Committee
E. Social Ministry Committee K. Cluster meetings
F. Parish Life Committee L. Faith Formation Staff